This gooey Brownie Pie is a chocolate lover’s dream. Intensely chocolatey with a gooey marshmallow topping and fudge frosting. Ridiculous!
Sometimes a simple brownie won’t do.
Sometimes a pie just don’t cut it.
And sometimes you need to bake a brownie in a crust and it’s still not enough.
What’s a girl to do?
These are the predicaments I get myself into these days. A dessert not quite over the top enough.
I have it pretty good. I know.
SO let’s take that whole pie and cover it with marshmallows and fudge frosting and call it a day.
I have a friend who makes brownies this way and they are outrageously good….so why not a whole pie done the same way?
I mean, wouldn’t you like a slice or 5 of this guy? Brownie Pie on BLAST!
The recipe is actually fairly easy…I made a pretty simple graham cracker crust…
Then I chopped up some chocolate.
The chocolate gets melted and mixed with some cocoa powder, flour and other brownie stuff and poured right into the crust.
Then bake it!
When it’s done load it up with a million marshmallows. And toast them a little. I may have over-toasted them…but I have a thing for brown mallows. So it’s up to you how tan you like yours to get.
Loosen the pie from the sides of the crust and remove from the springform pan…
Then yeah, pour frosting all over the top of it. Gah, so good.
Just a simple little pie.
And dig in to the richest most decadent dessert ever.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz chopped semi sweet chocolate Baking bar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In medium bowl combine all the crust ingredients until evenly mixed. Press graham cracker mixture into and up the sides of a 9″ Springform pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate together in microwave or over a double boiler. Whisk in flour, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake pie for 45-50 minutes. (Original recipe stated bake time as 1 hour- 1 hour 15 minutes. My pie was done at 45, so please make sure to check yours after 45 minutes and add extra time if necessary).
- When pie is done remove from oven and turn oven to broil setting. Sprinkle marshmallows onto pie and place back in oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute until marshmallows are puffed and lightly golden.
- Place pie on cooling rack and prepare frosting.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter, cocoa powder and milk together over medium low heat, whisking constantly. Once melted, remove from heat and add in powdered sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Using a butter knife, loosen the pie from the sides of the springform pan and remove the sides of the pan. Pour frosting on top of the pie.
- Pie can be served warm or room temperature.
recipe lightly adapted from Southern Living magazine