Creamy Chocolate Frosting is a staple frosting recipe that you need to have in you back pocket. Buttery, chocolatey, and it pipes a beautiful swirl This is a fantastic recipe!
Here we are…the second week of my Frosting Friday series! Last week we started with a classic, and necessary Perfect Vanilla Buttercream recipe. So, it only made sense to follow that up with the creamiest chocolate frosting recipe you will ever have.
I use this recipe ALL the time. It’s actually the chocolate frosting recipe that you will find in my book as well!
It really never disappoints. I have trouble not eating with a spoon right out of the bowl!
(I actually used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder in the recipe for those cupcakes, which is why the frosting is darker…but it was SO good! Use whatever cocoa powder you like best!)
And on this Bacon Pecan Crumble Chocolate Cake, just to name a few.
It’s my go-to recipe and it has never let me down.
If you make any of the frostings included in my Frosting Friday series, I would love to see! Post them on social media, using the hashtag #FrostingFridayPrint
This creamy chocolate frosting makes enough to frost and fill a 9″ layer cake or pipe swirls onto 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup very warm water
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and warm water and mix on low speed, until the mixture just comes together.
- Slowly increase the speed to medium and beat the frosting for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Let the frosting cool for 15 minutes before using.
- You can spread this frosting or pipe it into swirls!
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, or store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, OR store airtight in the freezer for up to a month.