Dreamy Oreo Brownies are a delicious brownie recipe you need to try! These are made from layers of fudgy chocolate brownies and fluffy whipped cream cheese mousse, with plenty of chopped Oreo cookies scattered throughout.
If you love this easy brownie recipe, check out my Bombshell Oreo Brownies!
The Dreamiest Oreo Fudge Brownies!
Oreo lovers, I have the ULTIMATE Oreo brownies for you to try. I know that’s a big claim, seeing as we’re mildly obsessed with Oreos around here. Take my Bombshell Oreo Brownies, Potluck Oreo Bars, and Triple Chocolate Oreo Bars as just a few examples of the madness.
This is an easy brownie recipe that begins with a boxed brownie mix and turns into irresistibly fudgy Oreo chocolate brownies topped with a thick layer of whipped cookies n’ cream cheese mousse.
Every inch of these easy brownies is loaded with Oreos, from the fudgy brownie batter, all the way up through the creamy frosting, to the garnish of cookies on top. One bite and the chocolate and cream cheese mousse melts in your mouth, while the brownies and cookie chunks serve up all sorts of tasty, chewy crunch. It’s truly an experience.
What To Expect:
- An easy Brownie Dessert recipe perfect for a potluck/bbq/holidays/entertaining etc!
- Fudgy Brownies that are topped with a fluffy cheesecake mousse AND topped with a layer of chocolate!
- This is a recipe that is easy to use shortcuts, starting with a brownie mix.
- The light and fluffy cheesecake mousse is so good you can eat it alone!
What You’ll Need
Below is a short round-up of the ingredients you’ll need to make these fabulous Oreo brownies. Be sure to check the recipe card further down for the full amounts and recipe details!
- Brownie Mix: I used a box of Pillsbury Fudge Brownies for this, but you can use any boxed brownie mix that you prefer. Make sure to check the packaging and pick up any other ingredients you’ll need to make your brownies (eggs, milk, etc.). You can use my Perfect Fudgy Brownies recipe as well if you would like to bake from scratch!
- Oreo Cookies: You’ll need one package of Oreo cookies, or another generic brand of chocolate sandwich cookies, divided into thirds. Give the Oreos a coarse chopping.
- Cool Whip: Take the tub of Cool Whip out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge before you begin. You can also use homemade whipped cream in place of Cool Whip.
- Cream Cheese: For the whipped cream cheese mousse. I recommend using the blocks of cream cheese, and not the kind that comes in tubs. Let the cream cheese sit at room temperature for a bit so that it softens enough to mix.
- Powdered Sugar: Also called confectioner’s sugar, this gives the frosting a smooth texture and sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips: You’ll melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave with vegetable oil to make a quick chocolate glaze. You can also use shortening if you prefer.
Can I Use Homemade Brownies Instead of Boxed?
Absolutely. A boxed brownie mix makes this recipe super fuss-free, but if you’d prefer to make your brownie base from scratch, go right ahead! My Perfect Fudgy Brownies are a good option for this. Just stir the chopped Oreos into the batter and bake, the same as you would here, then proceed with the recipe as usual.
How to Make Oreo Brownies
Let’s make some cookies n’ cream magic, friends! These Oreo brownies are crazy-easy to whip up in just a few quick steps. Here’s how to make them:
- Prepare the Brownies: First, you’ll prepare your boxed brownies according to the directions on the package. Before you transfer the batter to a baking pan, stir in ⅓ of the chopped Oreo cookies. Bake as directed, then leave the cookies to cool completely.
- Make the Cream Cheese Frosting: Meanwhile, beat together powdered sugar and cream cheese until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip, followed by the next ⅓ of the Oreos.
- Frost the Brownies: When your brownies have cooled to room temperature, spread the cookies n’ cream cheese frosting all over the brownies. You can be generous here, go for a thick layer!
- Make the Chocolate Glaze: Next, microwave the chocolate and oil in increments, stirring in between, until melted. Finally, spread the melted chocolate over the cream cheese layer, then scatter over the last of the chopped Oreos for garnish.
- Chill: Pop those fudgy Oreo brownies into the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes. Then cut them into squares and dig in!
Tips for Success
What’s the secret to the perfect fudgy Oreo brownie? There’s not much to it! Below are some helpful tips when making these easy (almost) homemade brownies:
- If you’re using a glass or ceramic baking pan, you’ll likely need to increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the brownies so that they don’t overbake.
- Avoid overmixing the batter. Overly mixed brownie batter is the #1 culprit for cakey brownies.
- Cool the brownies in the pan. You can set the pan over a wire rack to help with airflow, but don’t cut or remove the brownies until after they’re frosted, glazed, and chilled.
Get creative and try these easy ways to customize your Oreo brownies:
- Different Oreos: This recipe will work with any variation of Oreos. Try coarsely chopping up Double Stuf, Chocolate Cream, Mint Oreos, or even Golden Oreos.
- Add Nuts: For extra crunch, stir crushed pecans, peanuts, or walnuts into the batter at the same time as your chopped Oreos.
- Chocolate Chips: Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter, or use white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips.
How to Store Oreo Brownies
Store your Oreo brownies refrigerated airtight for up to 1 week.
Can I Freeze These Brownies?
Yes! Once the brownies are chilled and cut into squares, you can store them together in an airtight container (I recommend sticking to a single layer), or wrap the brownies individually to freeze. They’ll stay fresh for up to 2 months.
Thaw the frozen Oreo brownies in the fridge before serving.Print
Easy Oreo Brownies made from dreamy layers of fudgy chocolate brownies and thick cream cheese frosting, with plenty of Oreo cookies scattered throughout!
- 1 box brownie mix (I used Pillsbury Fudge Brownies, with ingredients to prepare them according to the package directions) *see note
- 1 (16.6 oz) package Oreo cookies, divided in three and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip thawed in the fridge
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, folding in 1/3 of the chopped Oreos.
- Bake according to package directions, until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool completely.
- In your mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
- With a spatula, fold in the Cool Whip and another 1/3 of the coarsely chopped Oreos. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled brownies.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the vegetable oil on medium power for 1 minute.
Stir and repeat in 30-second increments until melted.
- When the chocolate is melted spread it evenly over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top of the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into squares.
*You can bake your own brownies from scratch if you prefer. Try my Perfect Fudgy Brownies.
Store these brownies airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: homemade brownies, best brownies, oreo dessert recipes
Want To Save This Recipe?
More Easy Brownie Recipes
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Bombshell Oreo Brownies
- Marshmallow Brownies
- Oreo Cream Filled Brownies
PIN for later: