These delicious Oreo Cream Filled Brownies have all the flavor of everyone’s favorite cookie, in fudgy brownie form! Made with a rich layer of homemade Oreo Cream filling sandwiched between two dark chocolate brownies, these are the ultimate Oreo brownies!
These are Oreos in Brownies Form!
The idea for these brownies popped into my head one day while I was out for lunch with friends. I swear I was mid-conversation about something completely non-brownie related when suddenly it hit me: I needed to make these Oreo brownies. Not brownies with Oreos baked inside or scattered on top. I was going to make brownies that literally are Oreos.
Needless to say, my friends thought I was nuts. But they’re used to that by now. Fast forward to the present, and I think these decadent Oreo brownies came out perfectly! I already had a fantastic Oreo filling recipe (I mean, who doesn’t?), so I baked a brownie on the thinner side, smeared the filling over one half and then placed the other half over top like a sandwich. Tada! Oreo brownies, cream filling and all.
What is Oreo Cream?
Oreo cream, a.k.a. Oreo creme, is the deliciously sugary, vanilla-flavored white cream filling in the middle of an Oreo cookie. While the original version of Oreo cream is loaded with preservatives and artificial flavors, at its core, it’s a vanilla cream and one half of the cookies-and-cream that makes an Oreo cookie famous!
Here’s everything you’ll need to make the fudgy brownie as well as the homemade Oreo filling:
For the Brownie:
- Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips, and not milk chocolate.
- Butter: Cut into cubes for easy mixing.
- Vanilla: For the best possible flavor, use pure vanilla extract.
- Sugar: I use regular white granulated sugar for these brownies. Always consistent!
- Eggs: For best results when baking, take your eggs out of the fridge ahead of time to let them come to room temperature.
For the Oreo Filling:
- Vegetable Shortening: Alternatively butter, at room temperature.
- Sugar: More regular granulated sugar.
- Powdered Sugar: Also called confectioner’s sugar, to give the filling that classically smooth, sugary texture.
How to Make Oreo Cream Stuffed Brownies
Make the Brownie Batter: Melt the butter cubes and chocolate chips together in the microwave, and then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Add in the flour and salt, and mix to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
Bake: Spread the batter into a greased and lined jelly roll pan. Bake until the center of the sheet pan brownie is set, then allow it to cool while you make the filling.
Make the Oreo Filling: Beat together the filling ingredients until smooth.
Assemble: Invert the brownie onto a cutting board, then cut the brownie in half. Next you’ll spread the filling over one half, and carefully lay the second brownie half directly over top. Cut the brownie layers into squares and enjoy!
Tips for Success
Even though these brownies are ultra decadent, they are easy to make! I do have a couple quick tips though:
- Can I Use Box Brownie Mix?: I haven’t used a box mix myself for this recipe, but I don’t see why you couldn’t. I’d suggest using a “Family Sized” Brownie mix, however, as a regular sized mix might not make enough batter to fill the pan.
- Don’t Over-Mix the Batter: Over-mixing the brownie batter may lead to tough, overly dense brownies. Mix the ingredients until they’re just combined!
How to Store
These brownies can be stored airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can extend their shelf life to 5 days by storing them in an airtight container in the fridge. I’m pretty sure you will have eaten them all within a couple days though!
Can I Freeze These?
You can keep your Oreo brownies stored frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap the cooled brownies tightly in plastic wrap, plus an extra layer of aluminum foil to protect against freezer burn.
Thaw the brownies on the counter at room temperature before serving.
More Brownie Recipes to Try
- Perfect Fudgy Brownies
- Marshmallow Brownies
- Bombshell Oreo Brownies
- Rainbow Chip Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
These delicious Oreo Cream Filled Brownies are made from layers of fudgy chocolate brownies with homemade Oreo Cream filling! They’re the ultimate Oreo brownies!
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening or butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 10×15 sized pan (jelly roll pan) with non stick spray. Line bottom with parchment paper and spray parchment with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl combine cubed butter and chocolate chips. Heat on high for 1 minute in microwave and stir until smooth. Add in vanilla and stir. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat eggs and sugar until pale in color. Add in flour and salt and mix on low until combined. Pour in melted chocolate mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes until center is set. Allow pan to cool completely on a wire rack before filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Loosen edges of the brownie from the sides of the pan with a butter knife. Invert pan onto a cutting board, releasing the brownie from the pan. Cut brownie in half with a knife.
- Spread filling on the bottom side of one of the halves. Place the other half of the brownie directly on top. Cut into squares.
store airtight at room temperature for 3 days.
Keywords: oreo dessert, fudgy brownies recipe, homemade brownies