Easy Oreo Brownies made from dreamy layers of fudgy chocolate brownies and thick cream cheese frosting, with plenty of Oreo cookies scattered throughout!
- 1 box brownie mix (I used Pillsbury Fudge Brownies, with ingredients to prepare them according to the package directions) *see note
- 1 (16.6 oz) package Oreo cookies, divided in three and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip thawed in the fridge
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, folding in 1/3 of the chopped Oreos.
- Bake according to package directions, until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool completely.
- In your mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
- With a spatula, fold in the Cool Whip and another 1/3 of the coarsely chopped Oreos. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled brownies.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the vegetable oil on medium power for 1 minute.
Stir and repeat in 30-second increments until melted.
- When the chocolate is melted spread it evenly over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top of the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into squares.
*You can bake your own brownies from scratch if you prefer. Try my Perfect Fudgy Brownies.
Store these brownies airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: homemade brownies, best brownies, oreo dessert recipes