Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingPrint
Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting are a simple dessert made with fresh bananas and creamy peanut butter. When you’ve got a busy schedule and limited time for baking, there’s no easier cupcake recipe than this one.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp (1 stick)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (you can add more if your prefer a creamier frosting)
- Chocolate syrup for drizzle (I used Hershey’s)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream shortening and sugar together in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and bananas.
- Mix until combined thoroughly.
- On low speed add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir together until combined.
- Line muffin pans and fill with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cupcakes are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Combine butter and peanut butter and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar mixing until incorporated.
- Add milk slowly until desired consistency is reached.
- Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes and garnish with chocolate syrup and chopped up Reese’s Cups (if desired)
Keywords:: banana cupcake recipe, how to make banana cupcakes, peanut butter frosting recipe, how to make peanut butter frosting, peanut butter banana cupcakes, banana dessert recipe, best banana cupcakes
Want To Save This Recipe?
Helpful tip… Out of buttermilk?