Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting are a simple dessert made with fresh bananas and creamy peanut butter. When you’ve got a busy schedule and limited time for baking, there’s no easier cupcake recipe than this one.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp (1 stick)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (you can add more if your prefer a creamier frosting)
- Chocolate syrup for drizzle (I used Hershey’s)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream shortening and sugar together in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and bananas.
- Mix until combined thoroughly.
- On low speed add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir together until combined.
- Line muffin pans and fill with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cupcakes are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Combine butter and peanut butter and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar mixing until incorporated.
- Add milk slowly until desired consistency is reached.
- Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes and garnish with chocolate syrup and chopped up Reese’s Cups (if desired)
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 63.7 g
- Sodium: 136.5 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.3 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 16.2 mg
Keywords: banana cupcake recipe, how to make banana cupcakes, peanut butter frosting recipe, how to make peanut butter frosting, peanut butter banana cupcakes, banana dessert recipe, best banana cupcakes