Well, it’s officially cold up here in the Northeast.
And apparently winter doesn’t officially start until like December 21st or something, which coincidentally marks the end of the world… at least according to the Mayans…who I am frankly quite scared of. I mean, they have been right a lot, I’ve heard.
Anyway, I sort of think is trash that winter doesn’t even START until December 21st.
So not only is the world gonna end, it’s gonna end BEFORE Christmas, on the official first day of winter…which in my opinion should really be the day after Thanksgiving.
Not the end of the world, the start of winter. You still with me?
I mean, ending the world the day after Thanksgiving would seriously honk off those guys who were in line at Best Buy for 17 days before Thanksgiving. Which would kind of be hilarious, you know if the world weren’t REALLY ending.
But Winter SHOULD start the day after Thanksgiving…right?
Nobody asks my opinion when planning these things.
Here’s my point. It’s cold here. And it’s already snowed. And I can’t feel Christmasy knowing it’s still fall.
And since my mind is obviously not working at full capacity today, I will only be giving you half a recipe.
You see those cupcakes up there?
Well, I’ll tell you how to make half of it.
Arguably the better half.
It’s Hot Chocolate Frosting.
Because I’ve already told you how to make the cupcakes.
I’ve always wanted to try mixing in hot chocolate mix to frosting.
It’s how my brain works.
Just mix some heavy cream and hot chocolate mix in a small saucepan. Heat it up over medium heat and stir it until it’s almost boiling.
This helps the sugar in the mix dissolve, so your frosting isn’t grainy…
Then pipe it all up on your cupcakes…
I topped mine with some Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows Bits.
It’s the right thing to do.
And I happened to notice some fun hot chocolate flavors at the grocery store, like Mocha, Peppermint and even white mocha…
So many possibilities!
makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dry hot chocolate mix (without mini marshmallows)
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- In a small saucepan combine hot chocolate mix and cream. Heat over medium until hot and steaming…not quite boiling, stirring consistently. You want the sugar in the hot chocolate to dissolve. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until combined. It will be very dry.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly pour in your hot chocolate mixture. Once all is added turn mixer up to medium and beat for about a minute until light and fluffy, scarping down sides of bowl when necessary.
- Spread or pipe on cupcakes.