- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (10 oz) bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped
- *optional 2-3 Tbsp red sprinkles, or coarse sugar
- In a large pot (have the lid handy) heat your vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Place 3 kernels in the pot until they pop so you know the pan and oil are hot enough to add all the kernels.
- When your “test” kernels pop, Add in the popcorn and sugar, stirring quickly until coated. Cover the pot and immediately start shaking the pot back and forth, keeping the kernels moving in the hot pan so they don’t burn, occasionally lifting the pan off the burner, while shaking.
- Allow the kernels to pop, this will take about 1-2 minutes and when the popping slows to about 1 second in between pops immediately remove from heat, continuing to shake the pot, and empty onto a large baking sheet, to stop the cooking. Immediately sprinkle with salt. This will all happen very fast and I suggest you use pot holders on your hands while shaking the pot, as the pot and lid will get very hot.
- Now line a counter with wax or parchment paper and transfer all your kettle corn onto the lined counter in a single layer.
- Over a double boiler melt your unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses.
- Once melted, drizzle over kettle corn evenly.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar or sprinkles, if desired.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.