A festive halloween snack for those who don’t like candy corn! Fake it ’til you make it with this yummy Bugle candy corn snack mix!
- 1 (3 oz bag) of buttered microwave popcorn, popped
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups lightly salted, dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Mix popped popcorn, pretzels, peanuts and Chex in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over your popcorn mixture.
- Transfer to a large baking pan and bake for 30 minutes stirring 3 every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a parchment lined counter. Sprinkle you M&M’s on top and let cool. When cooled break into pieces.
If you are going to add the Bugles to this recipe, do so after the mix has completely cooled.
Keywords: snack mix recipe, snack mix recipes, easy snack idea, halloween snack idea, halloween snack ideas, halloween dessert ideas, halloween treats ideas, halloween treats easy, halloween appetizer