makes about 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 small Granny Smith apples, or 2 small, peeled and large-diced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Cookies (optional)
- 1 pie crust, pre-made
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Cinnamon Sugar (3 Tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon combined)
- In a medium sauce pan melt 1 Tbsp butter. When melted, add your diced apples, pinch of salt and brown sugar.
- Cook on medium-low heat until apples are soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together your whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice with whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute 30 seconds – two minutes.
- Fold in your can of sweetened condensed milk.
- When apples are cooled, fold into your whipped cream mixture.
- Place in a freezer safe container.
- Drizzle your caramel sauce on top of the whipped cream mixture and swirl in with a knife. You don’t want your caramel to mix in, but leave ribbons through out the ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°
- On a round baking pan (I used my pizza pan) unroll the pre-made pie crust.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut into strips or wedges using a pizza cutter, or even a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Garnish ice cream with pie crust cookies and drizzle with extra caramel.