Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats are an ooey-gooey no bake dessert!
- 14 oz caramel pieces, unwrapped
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 Tbsp butter, divided in half
- 10 cups Rice Krispie cereal, divided in half
- 10 cups mini marshmallows, divided: 4 cups, 4 cups & 2 cups
- Grease a 9×13 pan, set aside
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine caramel pieces, sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup butter. Microwave on high in 1 minutes increments (stirring after each) until caramels are melted, approx 3-4 minutes.
- Stir until smooth, set aside.
- Take 6 Tbsp butter and 4 cups marshmallows. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stir, repeat if necessary in 20 second increments until marshmallows are melted. Stir until butter and marshmallow are combined.
- Pour 5 cups Krispie Rice Cereal into marshmallow mixture, stir until coated. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Pour caramel over top Krispie layer and then sprinkle 2 cups mini marshmallows on top of that.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until caramel has set.
- When caramel has set repeat the krispie layer (step 4) with remaining ingredients. Press final krispie layer on top of caramel.
- * TIP ~ Spray a piece of parchment or wax paper lightly with cooking spray and press the krispies lightly and evenly into pan.
- Let krispies set up for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares. The caramel layer takes a bit of time to set up.
makes 24 bars.
Recipe given to me by Michelle Payne via The Ivy Bake Shoppe
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 36.3 g
- Sodium: 196.8 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, krispie treats, caramel, no bake