Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats are a next level krispie treat recipe. This is an ooey-gooey, delicious no bake recipe that is loaded with easy caramel and marshmallows!
Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats
These easy, no bake, cereal bars are a HUGE crowd pleaser! The gooey filing sandwiched between inside an otherwise traditional krispie treat is unexpected and delicious!
They are made quickly and will be a go-to no bake dessert for your recipe box, I know it!
These bars combine my 2 favorite food groups: Rice Krispies and Sweetened Condensed Milk.
They are really easy too…you do everything in the microwave!
First melt some butter, sweetened condensed milk and caramels together…
Then mix up half of the krispie treats. Starting with marshmallows and butter…
Then the Krispies…
Once you have the krispie treats good to go, press them in your pan and then pour that delicious caramel sauce over top…
Next sprinkle with some more marshmallows and repeat the krispie process…
Let it set up before you cut it.
Give it at least an hour, but I recommend longer.
They’re actually best the next day, but again, just give it a little time.
Also, I will warn you…these are sweet. Like rahhhly sweet.
And totally delicious.
And one more thing…a sweet reader of mine sent me this recipe. She totally rocks.Print
Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Krispie Treats
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Dessert
Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats are an ooey-gooey no bake dessert!
- 14 oz caramel pieces, unwrapped
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 Tbsp butter, divided in half
- 10 cups Rice Krispie cereal, divided in half
- 10 cups mini marshmallows, divided: 4 cups, 4 cups & 2 cups
- Grease a 9×13 pan, set aside
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine caramel pieces, sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup butter. Microwave on high in 1 minutes increments (stirring after each) until caramels are melted, approx 3-4 minutes.
- Stir until smooth, set aside.
- Take 6 Tbsp butter and 4 cups marshmallows. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stir, repeat if necessary in 20 second increments until marshmallows are melted. Stir until butter and marshmallow are combined.
- Pour 5 cups Krispie Rice Cereal into marshmallow mixture, stir until coated. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Pour caramel over top Krispie layer and then sprinkle 2 cups mini marshmallows on top of that.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until caramel has set.
- When caramel has set repeat the krispie layer (step 4) with remaining ingredients. Press final krispie layer on top of caramel.
- * TIP ~ Spray a piece of parchment or wax paper lightly with cooking spray and press the krispies lightly and evenly into pan.
- Let krispies set up for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares. The caramel layer takes a bit of time to set up.
makes 24 bars.
Recipe given to me by Michelle Payne via The Ivy Bake Shoppe
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 36.3 g
- Sodium: 196.8 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, krispie treats, caramel, no bake
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
71 comments on “Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats”
I have been making your recipe for years now, actually since my kids were like in 3rd grade and they’re seniors nowI’ll make them for the school and all the teachers go nuts for them! I make them for little Christmas gifts put in cute bags, for teachers bus driver‘s, mail people, our garbage men:)
And of course they’re my husbands favorite. Thank you for your recipe I handed out to many, many people!
And I forgot to say I just modified it just a little bit. I just threw all my marshmallows and all my risk rice Krispies and a big pot all at one time. And then just divide half the rice crispies to the bottom. And put my layers of marshmallows and caramel than the other half. Easier for me. But a huge fun thing is I have found the tiny Kraft caramel balls in the chocolate chip section…just use a whole bag and melt those up and it’s perfect!!!
So glad this recipe has made it’s way into your life over the years! That makes me so happy!!
My mom actually pointed me to this recipe! I made them for football party and everyone LOVED them!!! They are just the right amount of sweet!!!
So glad you liked them!! I haven’t made them in quite a while, but I need to!
I made these a few days ago, and now everyone loves me and thinks I am a genius! They are A-MA-ZING (said like Penny from Happy Endings, because I just feel like you are the kind of girl who also loves that show). Thank you forever for this recipe!!!
Loved Happy Endings!! I was so sad when they cancelled it!
I made these adding sea salt! Amazing!!
sounds Delish! I have a jar of salted caramel sauce I’m dying to use, but after reading recipe and instructions, I don’t think it will set like the caramel sauce in this recipe. It will probably stay gooey and soft. Either way, I’m going to try this sometime. I’ll find something else to do with the sauce I have.
I also like to substitute the caramels with microwave fudge …
in step 5 you say “repeat the krispie layer (step 4)” do you mean krispie layer (step 1).