These caramel filled oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a spin on a classic Carmelita Cookie Bar!
- 1 1/4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 36 unwrapped Rolo candies, frozen (or any other caramel filled individual caramel filled chocolate candy)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute until incorporated and smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined. And then adding the oats, turning up the mixer to medium if necessary until evenly incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, add in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour. During this time freeze your caramel filled candies.
- When dough is ready, preheat your oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough. Press a caramel candy into the dough, wrapping the dough around the candy and sealing it, forming a ball. Place your dough balls about 2- inches apart on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden and tops have just set.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Freezing candies and chilling dough is recommended because the caramel candy will sink to the bottom of the cookie and stick to your pan.
If you forget to freeze the candies and chill the dough, allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookies, cookie recipe, oatmeal chocolate chip, caramelita, caramel, stuffed cookies