Makes about 40 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter (2 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- approx 40 unwrapped Rolo candies, frozen
- In stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar together for about 1 minute. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Turn mixer up to medium until evenly mixed. Turn mixer down to low and add in chocolate chips. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Chill dough for at least an hour. During this time freeze your Rolo candies.
- When dough is ready preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of cookie dough and wrap it around a frozen Rolo, forming a ball. Place your dough balls about 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet. (Make sure that you have enough dough on the bottom of the cookie that none of the Rolo is exposed)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden and tops have just set.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Freezing candies and chilling dough is recommended because the Rolo will sink to the bottom of the cookie and stick to your pan.
If you forget to freeze the candies and chill the dough, allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.