- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1 envelope of Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
- 1–2 tsp Hot Sauce (depending on your taste)
- 2 lbs ground beef ( I like an 80/20 mix for burgers)
- 2 tsp Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- In a medium skillet over low heat melt butter. Add sliced onions and salt to the melted butter and cook low and slow for about 30 minutes, until the onions are soft and an amber color. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, onion soup mix and hot sauce together. Add in the caramelized onions and stir to combine. Chill until ready to use.
- Combine meat, steak seasoning and BBQ sauce. Form burgers into 1/3 lbs patties. Grill burgers until they reach desired doneness…160° internally.
- Assemble burgers and top with Onion Dip.