This fun cookie recipe are all the flavors of your favorite carrot cake scaled down into a cute, bite-sized cookie!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3 cups all purspose flour
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- optional – 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix for 1 minutes until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the carrots and the flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, drop the dough 2- inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, press a spoon gently into the center of the cookie, creating a well. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and cream cheese for 1 minute until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix for 1 minutes until creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag or a zip-top bag with the corner cut off. Pipe 2 teaspoons of frosting onto each cookie in the well you created. Alternately you can spread the frosting onto the cookie with a knife of offset spatula.
Store airtight at room temperature for 1 day, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, carrot cake, carrot cake cookies, cream cheese frosting, thumbprint cookies, easy carrot cake cookies