Cereal Milk Frosting is a fun way to make your cake extra special! Just soak your favorite cereal in some milk and mix it into a buttercream frosting recipe to make a lightly sweetened frosting. So many possibilities!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cereal
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- In cereal bowl combine the milk and cereal. All this to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the cereal from the milk using a sieve. Discard the cereal and set the milk aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the mix into the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired creaminess and flavor is reached. I used 5 tablespoons of milk.
- Spread on a cake or cupcakes.
*Cereals that are stronger in flavor work well in this. A milder cereal might not be a noticeable flavor.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before spreading.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 12.1 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: cereal milk frosting recipe, buttercream frosting recipe, how to make buttercream frosting, the best buttercream frosting, breakfast cereal frosting recipe, homemade buttercream frosting, cereal baking recipes