Sliced apples tossed with honey, cinnamon, cloves & cardamom make this homemade Chai Dutch Apple Pie completely irresistible. A simple crumb pie topping takes it over the top!
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 unbaked, deep dish pie crust
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Karo® Syrup
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place apple slices in a large boil and sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir to coat and set aside.
- Place pie crust in a deep dish pie plate and pinch the edges to form the crust. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla, honey, and corn syrup. Pour this mixture on top of the apples and stir to coat. Pour the apples into the pie crust.
- For the topping, combine the butter, flour, cinnamon, and sugar in a medium bowl with a pastry cutter or a fork. Sprinkle this evenly on top of the apples and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- If necessary, cover the crust with aluminum foil to prevent from getting too brown.
recipe from Karo
Keywords:: apple pie recipe, apple pie filling, how to make apple pie, easy apple pie recipe, homemade apple pie, apple pie with crumb topping, apple crumble pie