If you love apple pie and the cozy flavors of chai tea, then you’re going to love this easy apple pie recipe with a twist! Sliced apples tossed with honey, cinnamon, cloves & cardamom make this homemade Chai Dutch Apple Pie completely irresistible. A simple crumb pie topping takes it over the top! Today I’ve partnered with Karo® Syrup on this delicious recipe.
Looking for a more traditional Dutch Apple Pie? Try my easy Dutch Apple Pie Recipe – it’s a homemade apple pie with classic flavors and step-by-step instructions on how to make the best apple crumble pie of your life.
An Easy Dutch Apple Pie Recipe with Chai Spices
Yes, it’s March, and yes I am posting an apple pie recipe. I’m basically going against all the laws of the food blogging land. Posting an apple recipe while people are gearing up for Spring Break? I am going way against trend here. Not only is this an apple pie, it is a CHAI apple pie, which makes it all the more cozy. Have you ever had a Chai Tea Latte? Yeah, imagine that mixed with tart apples and a buttery streusel…
You get it now, right? That’s the type of dessert that belongs on your yearly rotation…not just designated to the “pie making months”. We’re rebels over here, but it’s perfect to bake up with Pi Day right around the corner! Make sure to bake extra to share with friends—they will love you forever!
The fantastic detail with this Apple Pie, is that not only is is packed with tart Granny Smith Apples, it’s lightly sweetened with Karo® Syrup, which adds just the perfect amount of balance to the apples. Adding in the Chai spices is just a nice little way to “bake a little extra” and make the pie special to share with friends on Pi Day.
And did I mention there is crumb pie topping involved? Yeah that.
How to Make this Dutch Apple Pie:
The pie goes together in minutes. This is a deceptively easy recipe for sure, especially if you start with a store-bought pie crust!
You slice the apples and then just mix your Karo® Corn Syrup, Argo® Corn Starch, spices, vanilla, and a little honey together.
The Karo Syrup gives it the perfect texture for coating your apples!
Pour your apples evenly into your pie crust and then whip up a quick streusel topping…
That goes directly on top of the apples before you bake it!
When it’s done it will be golden brown and gorgeous!
And if you can, wait until it’s cooled a bit before slicing. It’s worth the wait!
So cheers to pie all year long!
If you love apple pie and the cozy flavors of chai tea, you’ll love this easy apple pie recipe! Sliced apples tossed with honey, cinnamon, cloves & cardamom make this homemade Chai Dutch Apple Pie completely irresistible. The crumbly pie topping takes it over the top!
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 unbaked, deep dish pie crust
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Karo® Syrup
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place apple slices in a large boil and sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir to coat and set aside.
- Place pie crust in a deep dish pie plate and pinch the edges to form the crust. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla, honey, and corn syrup. Pour this mixture on top of the apples and stir to coat. Pour the apples into the pie crust.
- For the topping, combine the butter, flour, cinnamon, and sugar in a medium bowl with a pastry cutter or a fork. Sprinkle this evenly on top of the apples and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- If necessary, cover the crust with aluminum foil to prevent from getting too brown.
recipe from Karo
Keywords: dutch apple pie, dutch apple pie recipe, apple pie recipe, apple pie filling, easy apple pie recipe, homemade apple pie, apple crumble pie
Want To Save This Recipe?
I have partnered with Karo® to create this recipe. I only partner with brands that I use in my kitchen. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.