Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread…just when you thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, I went ahead and took the standard quickbread downtown. The classic banana bread recipe just got a considerable upgrade in the form of a cheesecake. Today’s recipe will not disappoint.
- 2 large very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a long strip of parchment paper, so the ends hang over. This will make it easy to remove the bread. Spray the pan again lightly and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined. Mix in the flour, stirring until incorporated. Set this aside.
- In the bowl of you stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Finally add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the banana bread batter into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Carefully and evenly spread the cream cheese mixture in top of the batter.
- Spread the remaining banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the center of the bread is set. If the bread is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil loosely to slow the browning process.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before removing. Allow the bread to cool before serving.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: banana bread recipe, how to make banana bread, cheesecake stuffed banana bread recipe, cheesecake banana bread recipe, cheesecake dessert recipes, homemade banana bread recipe