Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread…just when you thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, I went ahead and took the standard quickbread downtown. Stuffing stuff inside of stuff is a classic move I do around here to amp up a “usual”. Today’s recipe is sure not to disappoint.
I have made my fair share of banana bread. One of my first “viral” recipes was a Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Banana Bread…dare I say the first of it’s kind. I even included a Toffee Speckled Banana Bread in my book that is freaking delicious. But never had I ever thought about cheesecake inside Banana Bread.
Dude. It’s ridiculous.
I’m fairly sure that plain banana bread isn’t a thing in my life anymore. I’m ruined.
The banana bread recipe is super classic. The batter comes together in minutes.
AND the cheesecake filling is a breeze.
All you then do is layer your batters. Banana bread first, then cheesecake, then more banana bread.
It will take almost an hour to bake. You might notice the outside getting too brown, and if this happens just lightly tent the bread with foil to help prevent this. You don’t want the outside to burn.
It will be a gorgeous dark amber color when it’s done. And then do you best to wait until it has cooled to slice it. It will feel like an eternity, I know.
But when you slide that knife through and you get your first glimpse of the cheesecake hidden inside… I mean, major jackpot time.
How insanely gorgeous is this bread?
And when you tell people you’ve stuffed cheesecake inside banana bread they will most likely die on the spot. Because CHEESECAKE STUFFED BANANA BREAD!
You’ll never eat banana bread another way.
- 2 large very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a long strip of parchment paper, so the ends hang over. This will make it easy to remove the bread. Spray the pan again lightly and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined. Mix in the flour, stirring until incorporated. Set this aside.
- In the bowl of you stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Finally add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the banana bread batter into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Carefully and evenly spread the cream cheese mixture in top of the batter.
- Spread the remaining banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the center of the bread is set. If the bread is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil loosely to slow the browning process.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before removing. Allow the bread to cool before serving.