Cheesy Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta…a simple, totally yummy weeknight dinner! Everybody needs some comfort food now and again, and this pasta dish is just that. This chicken and pasta recipe is such a quick and easy meal!
- 8 oz bow tie pasta
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, plus 2/3 cup reserved
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small celery ribs, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (or 1 Rotisserie chicken, meat shredded)
- 8 oz diced Velveeta
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a Dutch oven bring 2 quarts water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes to a boil. Once boiling, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While water is boiling heat 1/4 cup chicken stock and 1 Tablespoon butter in deep sided skillet. Add in diced onion and celery and cook until soft. Add in minced garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Liquid will be evaporated at this point. Next add in chicken, Velveeta, Cream of Chicken soup, heavy cream and remaining 2/3 chicken stock. Cook until cheese has melted, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add back to the pot. Pour cheese and chicken sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
adapted from My Recipes
Keywords:: cheesy chicken recipe, chicken dinner recipe, chicken and pasta recipe, how to make chicken and pasta, best chicken and pasta recipe, cheesy chicken and pasta recipe, how to make cheesy chicken, comfort food dinner recipe