Cheesy Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta…a simple totally yummy weeknight dinner!
I am so sorry to do this to you guys…
I mean not REALLY sorry, but kinda sorry. My overuse of cheesy dinner recipes has clearly become issue…
But the thing is, I have been craving cheesy-cozy like whoa…so much so I’m pretty sure it’s a medical condition at this point. BUT I’ve heard when your body craves something it’s telling you to eat it. It’s a science thing.
Like when I’m thirsty my body is telling me I am dehydrated and need fluid.
So when my body decides cheesy pasta is the way to go…I listen. Maybe I’m Velveeta deficient?
Who am I to go argue with science? Not me friends. Not. Me.
This is a super quick meal…my kids love it and you can really switch it up easily with different spices.
Start by sauteing some onion and celery…
And another shortcut I love is using Rotisserie Chicken, but you guys know that.
Just boil some pasta, whip up a cheese sauce and add your chicken!
I garnish with a bit of fresh parsley to pretend I’m fancy 🙂
- 8 oz bow tie pasta
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, plus 2/3 cup reserved
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small celery ribs, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (or 1 Rotisserie chicken, meat shredded)
- 8 oz diced Velveeta
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a Dutch oven bring 2 quarts water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes to a boil. Once boiling, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While water is boiling heat 1/4 cup chicken stock and 1 Tablespoon butter in deep sided skillet. Add in diced onion and celery and cook until soft. Add in minced garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Liquid will be evaporated at this point. Next add in chicken, Velveeta, Cream of Chicken soup, heavy cream and remaining 2/3 chicken stock. Cook until cheese has melted, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add back to the pot. Pour cheese and chicken sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
adapted from My Recipes
If you like this recipe, check out my round up of SIXTY 30 Minute Meals to make your weeknight dinners easy and delicious!!