Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies use Karo® Corn Syrup to get that chewy and soft texture!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the corn syrup, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and continue mixing for 1 minute until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, place the dough on the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Optional- Place extra semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of the cookies, as soon as they come out of the oven to garnish.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: chocolate chip cookie, cookie recipe, chocolate chips, corn syrup