CHEWY Chocolate Chip Cookies are a new favorite cookie recipe with a secret ingredient that makes them chewy and stay soft!!
My Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Are For All You Chew Cookie Lovers!
I am no stranger to a chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have TONS on my website, and I’m pretty sure I will continue to bake new and interesting chocolate chip cookie recipes for as l along as I exist.
BUT one chocolate chip cookie recipe I did not have on my website (until today) is a perfectly CHEWY Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I couldn’t believe it either. So today we’re talking about how to make the softest, chewiest chocolate chip cookies ever to happen!
What Makes These Cookies So Chewy?
The secret to these CHEWY cookies is…drumroll please…Karo® Corn Syrup!! Yep, it’s a pretty genius “secret ingredient”, if you ask me! I mean, let’s think about it…
Using Karo® Corn Syrup in place of some of the sugar is obviously going to make your cookies softer. And not only will the cookie be soft, but the corn syrup also adds a chewiness to the centers that just can’t be duplicated! These taste like the best version of a bakery cookie. You can use either Karo® Dark or Light Corn Syrup….totally up to you. The subtle sweetness that Karo® adds to the cookie is a nice change to the typical chocolate chip cookie recipe.
You bake these with butter, of course, so your edges still get brown and slightly crisp, but the insides are chewy and soft…and they will stay soft!! Just make sure to bake them until just the edges are golden, if you want a true soft cookie.
Does This Cookie Dough Need To Chill?
The cookie dough comes together quickly, and requires no chill time, which is great! It is a softer dough, due to the corn syrup, but they hold their shape beautifully when baked!
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are my kids new favorite cookie recipe. And I am fully on board with an easy cookie recipe, that turn out perfect every time!
You could certainly add nuts, or different types of chips to switch up the flavors. The base recipe for this cookie dough is ultra adaptable and can be used in so many ways!
How to switch up flavors in this cookie recipe:
This is a great cookie base recipe too that you can adapt and get creative with! Here are some ideas of extra to add-in and make them your own!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips + 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup white chips and 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
- 2 cups M&Ms
- 1 cup white chips + 1 cup Craisins
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies use Karo® Corn Syrup to get that chewy and soft texture!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the corn syrup, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and continue mixing for 1 minute until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, place the dough on the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Optional- Place extra semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of the cookies, as soon as they come out of the oven to garnish.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: chocolate chip cookie, cookie recipe, chocolate chips, corn syrup
Want To Save This Recipe?
I’ve partnered with Karo® Corn Syrup for this easy and delicious recipe.