These Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO delicious! They taste just like a regular Chocolate Chip Cookie, but with a thick, soft texture. I LOVED these!
Ok, I get that these sound weird.
But trust my dear friends, I shant tell a lie.
Here’s the thing. I have basically made every type of Chocolate Chip Cookie under the sun. For real.
I feel like it’s getting a little old at this point…but thus I continue.
Also, I have been watching a lot of Game of Throne lately, so I find myself using olden-days type of words into my everyday speak.
Anyway, like I said last week I am working with Challenge Butter this year…and I was poking around their website at recipes and came across this Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and knew I must make.
So anyhow, I gave it a go, because I have about 2 dozen hard boiled eggs left from Easter that I need to start using up.
(FYI, I googled how long hard boiled eggs were good for after boiled and it said 7 days in the fridge)
So basically I knew time was running out. It was a cookie emergency.
I even made a quick little video to prove to you that these, not only work, but might be your new favorite way to make chocolate chip cookies!
Gooey, soft and delicious…with no eggs bits in sight. I knew you would ask!
You’ll notice these cookies are a touch more dense than a normal CCC…and the dough is a bit dryer, but obvi because there are no wet eggs. Don’t fret, it’s fine.
I actually prefer a denser cookie. The trick though is the baking time. Please oh please don’t over bake these guys. Under bake them, even. If you cook them all the way through you will have hard dry cookies. Yuck.
Grab 2 hard boiled eggs. And peel them, for the love.
Dice those eggs up small…
Dump them into your dough…
And chocolate chips…of course.
Your batter will be pretty standard, just a little drier. Also, yes you might see bits of egg…don’t worry about this.
Scoop your dough into a lined baking sheet…
And bake them until they are golden around the edges. Again, do not over bake.
They actually turn out to be the prettiest chocolate chip cookies ever!!
Give them a shot, I’d love to hear your opinion!
makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and small diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter and brown sugar, approximately 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla diced eggs and continue mixing. (You will still see egg bits in the batter, this is ok)
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto prepared pan using a cookies scoop or a large spoon.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges begin to golden. You don’t want to over-bake these, if in doubt under-bake. Because of the lack of wet eggs, the batter will be dry, making cookie dense. Over-baking will produce hard, dry cookies.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet before set enough to transfer to a wire rack.
recipe adapted from Challenge Butter
*I was either compensated and/or provided product for this post by Challenge Butter, but all opinions are decidedly my own. I am a huge fan of Challenge Butter!