This simple Cake Mix Cookie Bar Recipe can be whipped up in minutes! Definitely a stunner that everyone will love!
They’re Funfetti Tye Dyed Cookie Bars and they are chewy, and brownie-like, but made with a cake mix!
So Spring has officially sprung!
And this season I have no time for pleasant pastels…it’s all about going bold!
Pillsbury® has released these new amazing BOLD Funfetti™ mixes, that are meant to be mixed, layered or used alone…use your creativity!
I am all about a Cake Mix dessert…so I created these Cake Mix Funfetti™ Tye Dyed Cookie Bars using the new Funfetti™ BOLD Cupcake and Cake Mixes and Frostings!
These would be perfect for a Spring Party or a birthday celebration and surely would be the highlight of your dessert table.
Luckily these bars are super simple, so you don’t need to spend all day creating a treat that everyone will be impressed by!
Let’s talk about the process.
First grab your Funfetti™ Products…
What’s so great about these Bold Colors are they come in smaller portions..perfect for creating ONE 8” round cake, so if you want to make a fun rainbow cake with every color, you wont waste any cake batter!!
I altered the recipe on the back and created more of a cookie dough…
Drop the colors in a prepared pan using tablespoon sized scoops, and then press it in the pan evenly…
When it’s baked it will look like this….
Allow it to cool and then choose your favorite color frosting to top it all off!
Spread it all over…
And of course sprinkles!
Now, go ahead and cut into it!!
Isn’t that fun?
So many cool colors!
Pillsbury is also looking for ways that YOU #GoBold! Visit Pillsbury Baking and show how you GO BOLD by uploading one of your creations via the Pillsbury Baking Facebook Page, Instagram or Statigram making sure to use the hashtag #GoBold and @PillsburyBaking for a chance to win an assortment of Pillsbury Funfetti & BOLD cake mixes and frostings.
- 3 pouches (8.25 oz each) Funfetti™ Cupcakes & Cake Mix (About equivalent to 1½ boxes of regular sized cake mix)
- 3 eggs
- 15 Tablespoons butter, divided into thirds and melted
- 1 tub frosting
- Mix one pouch at a time.
- First pouch, mix dry cake mix, 5 tablespoons melted butter and 1 egg until mixed. Dough will be thick. Set aside and repeat process with remaining two pouches and remaining ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Drop dough my heaping tablespoon into pan, mixing the colors. Press the dough down evenly into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until set. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
I have been compensated by the J.M. Smucker Company to promote its Pillsbury products, but all opinions and ideas expressed are my own. ©/® The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license.