This is an easy family favorite chicken casserole recipe!
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups cubed chicken breast, or Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8.5- ounce) box cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (14.75- ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 egg
- optional – garnish with green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 2- quart baking dish lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place onions and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Cut a small slit in the top of the plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bouillon, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and steamed onions and garlic. Mix until incorporated. Add in the cheese and stir to combine.
- Spread the chicken mixture in the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In the same bowl combine the cornbread mix, butter, creamed corn, and egg. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the cornbread mixture on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the center of the cornbread is set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving, garnish with green onions if desired.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 1076.5 mg
- Fat: 28.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.1 g
- Protein: 28.2 g
- Cholesterol: 114.3 mg
Keywords: chicken, cookies and cups, chicken casserole, casserole, dinner, recipe