This Chicken Enchilada Pasta is a fun spin on a classic Tex Mex Dish
- 1 pound Mezzi Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or 1 shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups grated Mexican cheese (1/2 cheddar, 1/2 jack)
- Sour cream to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions, and rinse with cool water.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium heat. Place all the peppers and onion in the pan and saute until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan, followed by the enchilada sauce, the beans, cumin, salt and lime juice.
- Stir to combine and cook on medium-low for 5 minutes until heated through and smooth.
- At this point salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in your cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine evenly.
- Transfer the pasta mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 715.7 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.8 g
- Protein: 40.4 g
- Cholesterol: 94.4 mg
Keywords: pasta recipe, dinner recipe, cookies and cups, chicken recipe, tex mex, chicken enchilada