This easy Chicken Enchilada Pasta is an easy pasta recipe that is flavorful, easy to prepare and will feed a crowd!
Chicken Enchiladas are an easy dinner idea that we have in our house on a regular basis, but I thought I would get a little creative and do a recipe mash-up! Tex-Mex food is always a good idea and this recipe will feed a crowd!
Just grab some peppers and onions…
…and chop ’em up.
Next throw in some cooked chicken. Feel free to use a Rotisserie Chicken here, or just cook up some breasts and dice them like I did.
Next just dump in some enchilada sauce. I used red, but you could use green if that’s your thing.
Put it all in a casserole dish and cover it in cheese!
Bake it up, friends…
And looky what you’ll have!
Serve it with some sour cream and diced avocado and you’re set!
Looking for more pasta recipes? Try these:Print
This Chicken Enchilada Pasta is a fun spin on a classic Tex Mex Dish
- 1 pound Mezzi Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or 1 shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups grated Mexican cheese (1/2 cheddar, 1/2 jack)
- Sour cream to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions, and rinse with cool water.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium heat. Place all the peppers and onion in the pan and saute until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan, followed by the enchilada sauce, the beans, cumin, salt and lime juice.
- Stir to combine and cook on medium-low for 5 minutes until heated through and smooth.
- At this point salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in your cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine evenly.
- Transfer the pasta mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 715.7 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.8 g
- Protein: 40.4 g
- Cholesterol: 94.4 mg
Keywords: pasta recipe, dinner recipe, cookies and cups, chicken recipe, tex mex, chicken enchilada