This easy Chicken Enchilada Pasta is an easy pasta recipe that is flavorful, easy to prepare and will feed a crowd!
This Chicken Enchilada Pasta is so super simple, loaded with flavor and easy to prepare! You have all the makings of chicken enchiladas in an easy pasta recipe and chicken recipe mash up!
Chicken Enchiladas are an easy dinner idea that we have in our house on a regular basis, but I thought I would get a little creative and do a recipe mash-up! Tex-Mex food is always a good idea and this recipe will feed a crowd!
Just grab some peppers and onions…
…and chop ’em up.
Next throw in some cooked chicken. Feel free to use a Rotisserie Chicken here, or just cook up some breasts and dice them like I did.
Next just dump in some enchilada sauce. I used red, but you could use green if that’s your thing.
Put it all in a casserole dish and cover it in cheese!
Bake it up, friends…
And looky what you’ll have!
Serve it with some sour cream and diced avocado and you’re set!
Looking for more pasta recipes? Try these:Print
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dinner
This Chicken Enchilada Pasta is a fun spin on a classic Tex Mex Dish
- 1 pound Mezzi Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or 1 shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups grated Mexican cheese (1/2 cheddar, 1/2 jack)
- Sour cream to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions, and rinse with cool water.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium heat. Place all the peppers and onion in the pan and saute until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan, followed by the enchilada sauce, the beans, cumin, salt and lime juice.
- Stir to combine and cook on medium-low for 5 minutes until heated through and smooth.
- At this point salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in your cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine evenly.
- Transfer the pasta mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 715.7 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.8 g
- Protein: 40.4 g
- Cholesterol: 94.4 mg
Keywords: pasta recipe, dinner recipe, cookies and cups, chicken recipe, tex mex, chicken enchilada
14 comments on “Chicken Enchilada Pasta”
This looks great! I agree, everything is better if you cover it in cheese!
Wow, this chicken enchilada pasta is really nice. Just showed it to my Mom and she love it. We’ll have a weekend treat. Hurrah! Thank you so much for sharing this.
Oh yum. I love how easy this is. Even I could handle it! Also, thank you x1000 for using the phrase “boom-diggity.” It’s a seriously under-used but excellent phrase 🙂
Tex-Mex is awesome and so is this beauty of a casserole!!! Love the cheese! 🙂
yes, TexMex all year long!
Yum! You know something must be good when the instructions say, “Cover with cheese,”! Looks great!
WOW! I LOOOOOOVE the Mex/pasta combo. This looks absolutely amazing. I gotta make this for dinner!
This looks no-fuss and delicious.
I’m making it tonight.
Yes, PLEASE!!! Tex-Mex for life!
Tex-mex is delicious if it’s cinco de mayo or not!