These No Bake Snow Drift Bars are a delicious combination of a custard base mixed with crushed Nilla Wafers, coconut and marshmallows! They are so pretty, buttery and sweet!
These bars might seem a little untimely. I mean the weather is just starting to warm up and here I am talking about snow. Yeah, it’s confusing.
But of course these sweet little treats can be eaten all year round…I’m just thinking how pretty they would be on a Holiday Cookie Platter…sigh.
But they ARE “No Bake”, which is super for the warm months when you don’t feel like cranking up the oven. So here we are back at the beginning…Snowdrift Bars. Make them all year round.
The recipe for these bars starts a little differently than any other no bake bars I’ve ever made.
You whip up a quick custard-type sauce…and then mix in some coconut.
Just stir it up and let it cool a bit…
Then mix in some crushed Nilla Wafers…
Stir stir stir.
Then press it all in a foiled pan.
When they’re chilled and you’re ready to serve them dust them with some powdered sugar!
They are dense and kind of fudge-like, but they taste like a delicious cookie..with chewy marshmallows inside!
You’re gonna love these!Print
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs in a medium bowl and whisk. Set this aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter on low heat. Once the butter is melted add in the granulated sugar and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute keeping the heat on low. Next spoon a few tablespoons of the sugar mixture into the beaten eggs and mix together. Repeat this with 2 more tablespoons of the sugar mixture tempering the eggs. Now mix the egg mixture back into the saucepan. Cook the entire mixture for 7-8 minutes, stirring continuously, allowing it to thicken and the sugar to dissolve.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the coconut. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cooled stir in the Nilla Wafer crumbs and the marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and cover and chill for 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the bars dust them with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
store airtight chilled for up to 5 days.
recipe adapted from food.com
Want To Save This Recipe?