- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs in a medium bowl and whisk. Set this aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter on low heat. Once the butter is melted add in the granulated sugar and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute keeping the heat on low. Next spoon a few tablespoons of the sugar mixture into the beaten eggs and mix together. Repeat this with 2 more tablespoons of the sugar mixture tempering the eggs. Now mix the egg mixture back into the saucepan. Cook the entire mixture for 7-8 minutes, stirring continuously, allowing it to thicken and the sugar to dissolve.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the coconut. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cooled stir in the Nilla Wafer crumbs and the marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and cover and chill for 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the bars dust them with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
store airtight chilled for up to 5 days.
recipe adapted from food.com