These Coconut Layer Bars are so sweet, rich and simple to make!
I am a huge coconut and chocolate fan…
I know lots of people feel blech about coconut. And I am sorry. These bars are coconut, and we can’t get around it. But if you’re one of the cool kids and you like coconut let’s chat…
The sweet coconut layer that lives between the milk chocolate ganache and the graham cracker crust is pretty serious. I mean it’s serious tasting, not like, serious to make. I mean, it’s seriously EASY to make… Are you confused right now?
Anyhow, you’ve probably had something similar to this in your life. But they’re just too dang good to not start thinking about again. Not every recipe has to bright shiny new. Old and nostalgic treats are pretty great.
Mixing coconut, milk chocolate and graham crackers is always a good idea.
The graham crust is simple…
Just bake it and then mix up some sweetened condensed milk and coconut and spread it on the crust…
Then you’ll need to bake that too…
Once it’s done spread a simple milk chocolate ganache on top!
Chill it and then slice them into squares! That’s it!!
So simple and sweet. You guys will love these!Print
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil, spray lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the graham crumbs, sugar and butter. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking combine the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut. When the crust is done baking spread this carefully and evenly onto the crust. Place the pan back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- When the bars are done baking, remove them from the oven and set aside while you make your topping.
- Place the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Next heat the heavy cream until it comes to almost a boil, you can do this in the microwave or on the stove top. Pour the cream on top of the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 1 minute. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Spoon this on top of the coconut layer evenly.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for an hour to to allow the chocolate to set up.
- Cut into squares when you’re ready to serve!