This quick and easy slow cooker chicken enchilada soup recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner idea, tailgating, or parties! Easily prepped in under 10 minutes this is a family favorite!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10- ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10- ounce) can Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 (15- ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11- ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Optional garnishes – sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese, avocado, jalapeño, lime wedges
- Place chicken into the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with enchilada sauce, Ro-tel, black beans, corn, chicken stock, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3- 4 hours, until the chicken shreds easily.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Place all the ingredients into the Instant PotCover, stir to combine and seal with the lid.
- Switch the valve to the sealing position and cook for 20 minutes on manual high pressure.
- Once it is done cooking, let it naturally depressurize for 10 minutes, then switch the valve to the venting position to completely release steam before opening lid.
- Shred the chicken with a fork, and stir to combine.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 1 month.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, enchilada soup, chicken enchilada soup, soup recipe, slow cooker, crock pot, instant pot