This Easy Chicken Flautas (Flautas De Pollo) are quick to make and absolutely delicious! They’re cheesy, chicken filled rolled tacos, deep fried so they’re crispy on the outside!
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 (8- inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil for frying
- to garnish – shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, black olives
- In a medium skillet combine the chicken, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, salsa, and cream cheese. Once combined and warm sprinkle in the grated cheese, stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Fill each tortilla with 3- tablespoons of chicken filling, roll tightly and secure with a toothpick. *Tip – Place the filling off-center in the tortilla before rolling, and squeeze evenly while rolling, so the filling distributes, but doesn’t squeeze out. Set aside.
- Heat a large Dutch oven filled with vegetable oil 2 – 3 inches deep over medium heat until it reaches 350°F.
- Heat oven to warm. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels and set aside.
- Two at a time, fry the flautas in the hot oil for 3 – 4 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oil, place on the prepared baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining flautas.
- Garnish as desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 – 10 minutes, or until warm.