Chicken Parm Meatballs are a fun twist on the classic comfort food!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cups seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 32- ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix until fully combined, then form into meatballs 1 1/2- inches in diameter. Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Roll the meatballs in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and brown each side, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more olive oil if needed to the pan.
- Reduce heat on the skillet to medium-low and spread the marinara sauce evenly into the skillet. Bring the sauce to a simmer and return the meatballs to the skillet.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatballs is 165°F.
- Garnish with more parsley if desired. Serve warm.
This recipe can easily be doubled!
Serve warm over pasta or with a side salad
Keywords:: cookies and cups, meatballs, chicken parmesan, skillet recipe