My Favorite Chicken Salad Recipe Ever!
- 4 cups shredded chicken (approximately 1 Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- splash of pickle juice
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the chicken and the mayonnaise until evenly mixed.
- Add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, pickles, and cashews. Stir until combined.
- Add a splash of pickle juice, about a tablespoon. Mix in. Taste and add more if desired.
- Serve over lettuce, or on a sandwich.
To make this a sweeter chicken salad, omit the garlic powder, onion powder, and pickles. Add in diced apples or grapes in place of the pickles. And add in a tablespoon of apricot jam in place of the pickle juice.
You can also sub out the cashew for walnuts or pecan if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 488.1 mg
- Fat: 33.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 21.2 mg
Keywords: chicken salad, cookies and cups, chicken, chicken recipe, pickles, cashews, chicken salad recipe