A Chipwich ICE CREAM CAKE! The classic ice cream truck treat turned into a dessert to feed a crowd! This easy ice cream cake recipe simple screams summer!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup mini chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Spray a 9″ springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, yolk, vanilla, baking soda and salt mixing for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl, as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake this for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden and center is just set.
- Allow the cookie to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan and using a spatula carefully transfer the cookie to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Clean the pan, spray again with nonstick spray and repeat the baking process with the remaining dough, however when the second cookie is done leave it in the pan and allow it to cool there.
- When the second cookie is cooled remove your ice cream from the freezer and allow it to thaw slightly so it’s spreadable.
- Place all the ice cream on top of the cookie in the pan and spread it evenly using an off-set spatula.
- Place the other cookie on top and press down slightly so it’s even.
- Cover your pan with aluminum foil and place it in the freezer for at least 2 hours so the ice cream refreezes.
- When you’re ready to serve the cake, remove the sides of the pan and press the mini chocolate chips into the ice cream.
- Slice and serve.
store for up to a month, airtight in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 42.4 g
- Sodium: 448.7 mg
- Fat: 22.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.9 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg
Keywords: ice cream cake, chipwich cake, how to make an ice cream cake, summer dessert idea, bbq dessert, party dessert