This Chocolate Banana Bread is the perfect balance of chocolate and bananas. A guaranteed favorite!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short ends of the pan with parchment paper and coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix for 1 minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Mix in the bananas until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: banana bread, cookies and cups, chocolate banana bread, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, easy banana bread