This Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle is insanely addictive. It’s just like getting the perfect buttery, crispy and salty edge of the cookie in every bite! Plus, it’s a super simple dessert recipe!
- 14 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Set aside a large (12×17) rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat combine the butter and sugar, stirring constantly. Once butter is melted, cook for one more minute and remove it immediately from the heat, being careful not to bring the mixture to a boil. Alternatively place butter and sugar in a large heat-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 90-120 seconds until the butter is melted and sugar has dissolved slightly. Whisk mixture until it is combined.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes and then whisk mixture again for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the vanilla and the salt.
- Stir int he flour until the dough forms and then stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Press the dough onto the ungreased pan spreading it out all the way to the edges, you want the brittle to be thin.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating the pan every 7-8 minutes until it’s lightly golden and firm to the touch in the center.
- Let the brittle cool in the pan for 3 minutes and then line a counter or second baking sheet with parchment paper and invert the first pan onto the second, and allow it to cool completely.
- Break the brittle into pieces and enjoy!
store airtight for up to 5 days
Keywords:: crispy chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies recipe, best chocolate chip cookies recipe, homemade chocolate chip cookies recipe, homemade chocolate chip cookies, easy cookies recipe