makes 18 cookie sandwiches
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 18 full-sized peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until evenly incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 1/2- tablespoons) drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and continue cooling for another 5 minutes.
- Turn half of your cookies upside down and place an unwrapped peanut butter cup on top of cookie. Place another equally sized cookie on top of peanut butter cup. The heat from the cookies will melt the chocolate slightly, allowing the cookies to stick to the cup.
- Continue cooling cookies until ready to serve. You can also chill the cookies in the refrigerator to speed up the setting process.
store for up to 3 days at room temperature
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, cookie sandwich, peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookies