This Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Sandwich recipe is about as over the top as you can get! Two warm chocolate chip cookies filled with a peanut butter cup that melts into the middle creating a sweet and soft peanut butter filling!
If peanut butter cups are your thing make sure to try my Peanut Butter Cup Blondies! They are INCREDIBLE!
A Cookie Sandwich That Tops All Others!
Here we have one of those recipes that is so painfully simple, but so incredibly special. The looks on your friends and families faces when you present them with a plate of these over the top Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Sandwiches is worth every last calorie.
Because let’s all address the elephant in the room…these are not diet food.
But can we all just take a minute to appreciate the beauty of two warm chocolate chip cookies held together by a melted peanut butter cup. Totally dreamy…
How Do You Make These Easy Cookie Sandwiches?
The process is so simple. All you’re doing is baking some pretty straightforward chocolate chip cookies and placing a peanut butter cup on the bottom half of one while they’re still warm. Then you place another one on top so it really melts the chocolate.
As the cookies cool the melted peanut butter cup works like glue to hold the cookies together as a sandwich!
Some Tips For Success:
- Make sure all your cookies are uniform in size. This will make the cookies easier to match up for a top and bottom. You don’t want all different sizes!
- Use a cookie scoop! This will make the portioning process much easier!
- Don’t make you cookies too big! I used a scoop that is 1 1/2- tablespoons. If you don’t have a scoop that size measure out the first few cookie scoops, and then do your best to make them all the same size. If the cookies are too big the peanut butter cup won’t fill the whole sandwich!
- If your cookies are misshapen when they come out of the oven, immediately reshape them using your spatula. This will only work when they are straight out of the oven.
- For a pretty look place a few extra chocolate chips on the tops. BUT you really only need to do this on half the cookies, because the other half will be on the bottom of your sandwich!
How Long Does The Cookie Sandwich Take To Set?
Once you’ve assembled your cookie sandwiches, they will need to set. I like to press them down occasionally as they cool so the peanut butter cup spreads out between the two cookies.
They will take about an hour to set up, maybe longer depending on the climate you are in. You can easily place them in the refrigerator to set up more quickly. If you choose to do this, wait about 20 minutes before placing them in the fridge. This will give the peanut butter cup time to melt and spread before setting!
How To Store:
These will keep perfectly at room temperature. I say up to 3 days for best freshness!
And these do freeze incredibly well too! Store them airtight for up to 30 days in the freezer!
If you would like to make your cookie dough ahead to bake for later, check out my post on How To Freeze Cookie Dough!
Looking For More Peanut Butter Cup Recipes? Try These:
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
makes 18 cookie sandwiches
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 18 full-sized peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until evenly incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 1/2- tablespoons) drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and continue cooling for another 5 minutes.
- Turn half of your cookies upside down and place an unwrapped peanut butter cup on top of cookie. Place another equally sized cookie on top of peanut butter cup. The heat from the cookies will melt the chocolate slightly, allowing the cookies to stick to the cup.
- Continue cooling cookies until ready to serve. You can also chill the cookies in the refrigerator to speed up the setting process.
store for up to 3 days at room temperature
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, cookie sandwich, peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookies
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: