These are Peanut Butter Cup No Bake Cookies….and they are PHENOMENAL! They are made with oats, granola (for some crunch), peanut butter and cocoa powder
(plus a few other little extras). These are a huge weakness for me!
I wrote this post back in 2012 right in the middle of a week with no power, due to Hurricane Sandy. It was a rough week for sure…no power for 12 days makes one a little nutty.
Anyhow, while trying to keep life as normal as possible I made a few sweet treats, but had to get creative…no power means no oven. So, I melted chocolate on the grill, and was rewarded with some delicious no bake cookies.
I decided, since the pictures I took back in 2012 in the midst of a hurricane weren’t some of my best work I would update things, while keeping the recipe intact. It sure is a good one!
These little clusters are outstanding. The idea is based on a classic “no-bake cookie”. But I put my own twist on it.
You very simply melt butter, sugar, cocoa powder and cream together. Let that boil for just a minute to make sure all the sugar is dissolved. Then stir in some peanut butter and your extra yummies.
I added some oats and also some granola for a little extra crunchy texture…
…and some peanut butter cups, because that is always the right thing to do.
I got my mini peanut butter cups at Trader Joe’s, but you can use any mini cups you want! OR if you can’t find the minis, just chop up some larger sized ones. If you do chop up the larger, I do suggest freezing them before you mix them into the warm chocolate mixture, as they will melt quicker than the minis. You will get a little melting either way, which is totally fine!
Then drop them on a parchment sheet and let them set up.
These might not be pretty, but they are good.
I can’t make these cookies very often, because like I said before I can’t stop eating them!Print
makes 36 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola (I used Honey Granola with no raisins)
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 (8 oz package) Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Line counter with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan combine sugars, cocoa powder, butter and cream. Heat over medium until mixture comes to a boil and then boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, oats and granola until combined. Let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the peanut butter cups.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto parchment paper and press down, if desired. Let harden, approx 30 minutes before eating.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?