Classic shortbread gets a chocolate twist!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I used Bob’s All Purpose Unbleached flour)
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Transfer the dough to a zip-top bag and chill for at least 2 hours. Alternately, you can roll your dough out now and cut into shapes, and then chill the dough. Both methods are effective.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll dough out into a large square, 1/3-inch thick. Cut the dough into squares using a knife, or you could use cookie cutters.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days
Keywords:: shortbread, cookies, christmas cookies, chocolate chip