makes one batch Kettle Corn
- 1 bag (11oz) of HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (unpopped)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons red and green sprinkles
- Line a counter or prep space with wax or parchment paper.
- In a large pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Place 3 popcorn kernels in the pot to test the heat of the pan and oil. When your 3 “test” kernels pop, add in the remaining kernels and sugar, stirring quickly until coated.
- Using potholders or oven mitts, cover the pot and immediately start shaking the pot back and forth, keeping the kernels moving in the hot pan so they don’t burn. Occasionally lift the pan off of the burner while shaking.
- Continue shaking the pot to keep the kernels popping. It will take approximately 1-2 minutes to complete. When the popping slows to 1 second in between pops, immediately remove the pot from the heat, continuing to shake the pot, and empty onto a large baking sheet to stop the cooking.
- Immediately sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer all of the kettle corn onto the wax or parchment paper you set up in step one, being sure that the kettle corn is spread out in an even layer.
- Unwrap all of your HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates and discard the foils.
- Set aside a handful of the unwrapped chocolates and melt the remaining chocolates in a double broiler.
- Once fully melted, drizzle the chocolate over the kettle corn using a spoon.
- Add-in the remaining unwrapped chocolates and sprinkle with red and green sprinkles for a festive treat.