This chocolate version of classic pecan pie is out of this world! I might like it better than the original!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and chocolate over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix together corn syrup, eggs, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate and pecans until combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for at least 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
If you are using a prepared frozen pie crust, place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet. The pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. If pie crust is over-browning, cover edges with foil.
Keywords: cookies and cups, pie, pie recipe, pecan pie, chocolate pecan pie, easy pecan pie, best pecan pie, how to make pecan pie