These easy homemade Chocolate Truffle Cookies are intensely chocolatey, soft and rich! They come together with basic kitchen staples, and they’re perfect for the chocolate lover in your life!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Place unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and the butter in a large, heat-safe bowl on top of a pot of simmering water (double boiler). Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to 2 minutes until pale in color and slightly thickened. Alternately you can do this step using your stand mixer and whisk attachment.
- Pour the egg mixture into the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to bake preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, portion out the dough, dropping onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. If you do not have a cookie scoop, you can portion out the dough with a spoon and roll into balls before placing onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
recipe from all recipes
Keywords: chocolate cookies, double chocolate chip cookies, easy homemade cookies