Chocolate Truffle Cookies are intensely chocolate, soft and rich! Perfect for you chocolate lovers!
I know there are people out there who don’t really love chocolate. I mean, I know that’s not you and me…but I HEAR there are people. So today, the non-chocolate lover in your life will have to step aside because we’re going to celebrate the most chocolaty cookie that I have probably ever made. This is rich, chewy, packed with 3 different types of chocolate, with only a little flour added. They’re like a melty, intense chocolate truffle…in cookie form!
I knew I could count on you…
Another fantastic thing about these cookies is there is no mixer required.
AND before you ask, yes, you can use different types of chocolate. If you prefer to use milk chocolate, you can sub that in for some of the semi-sweet… I wouldn’t sub in all milk, but some would be good. It will definitely make you cookie a little sweeter, though…but I’m going to assume that if you’re a milk chocolate lover, that’s fine with you!
First you melt your unsweetened chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate together with a little bit of butter…
Then mix in some whisked eggs, sugar, and vanilla…
Oh, that pretty swirl.
Then add in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and a little flour.
It’s a thing of beauty.
Finally fold in some more chocolate chips…
You’ll now need to chill the dough. This is not an optional step.
Once it’s chilled, use a scoop to portion out the dough. It’s thick and delicious.
And they will bake up like perfection!
They are gooey when they’re warm, and when they cool they are thick and rich.
I bet these would be great with mint chips, right? Oh the possibilities!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Place unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and the butter in a large, heat-safe bowl on top of a pot of simmering water (double boiler). Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to 2 minutes until pale in color and slightly thickened. Alternately you can do this step using your stand mixer and whisk attachment.
- Pour the egg mixture into the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to bake preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, portion out the dough, dropping onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. If you do not have a cookie scoop, you can portion out the dough with a spoon and roll into balls before placing onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
recipe from all recipes