Cloud Bread is an easy to make, fluffy and gluten free bread substitute! Naturally low-carb, this cloud bread recipe is a simple alternative to bread and my kids love it too!
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- optional – 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- optional: 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (or any natural sweetener like honey, agave syrup etc) OR 1 packet artificial sweetener such as Splenda
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a light colored baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the egg whites and Cream of Tartar together on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl combine the egg yolks, cream cheese, and salt and/or sugar (if using) until completely smooth. You can do this step with a spoon or a mixer.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Do this step carefully to not deflate egg whites. The fluffier the batter the fluffier the bread will turn out.
- Scoop the batter onto the prepared pan, forming 6 “buns”, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bread is golden brown and set.
- Allow to cool before serving.
store airtight refrigerated for up to 5 days
Add in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or any seasoning you prefer to give this cloud bread flavor!
Keywords:: cloud bread, low carb, gluten free bread recipe, keto cloud bread, keto bread recipe, easy gluten free bread